Please note that by default we disable synchronization. To enable this please go to Android's Settings -> Accounts -> theCrag and check the "Sync theCrag" checkbox. thecrag.com is the world's largest collaborative climbing database. With over 300,000 rock climbing and boldering routes listed throughout the world. This app allows you to carry the crag around in your pocket, allowing you instant "off line" access to every climbing and boldering route.
The crag is complete with descriptions, access notes, and topo images for 1,000s of climbing locations.
The main features:
* Climbing route levels are converted to your preferred climbing system.
* Send messages to your other climbing buddies to organize climbing trips
* Tick your routes
* sync your favorite crags for total off line usage.
* customize what countries you want to keep up to date
* search the entire crag index instantly and off line
* use the map view to locate climbing routes near you
* use the index view to plan you next epic climbing trip in any country
* for less than a Big Mac get instant access and unlimited updates to premium crags for 1 year. No more buying a guide book that is already 12 months out of date
After installation we will be downloading the climbing index, this index contains over 300,000 routes, and can take up to 3 minutes. Please be patient as it is well worth the wait
For full pricing details please see the pricing page on our website
A note about the permissions:
The Crag needs several permissions that at first may seem daunting, they are however there to help make your experience as rich as possible.
* YOUR ACCOUNTS (ACT AS AN ACCOUNT AUTHENTICATOR). The Crag needs to keep it's data up to date so that you have the latest climbing information available. On android this is done by synchronizing climbing routes between thecrag.com and your application. In order to synchronize The Crag needs to register an account with Android (you may see this in Settings -> Accounts & Sync)
* YOUR ACCOUNTS (DISCOVER KNOWN ACCOUNTS) - this is a side effect of the above permission. We at The Crag have absolutely no interest in what other accounts are on your device, we are simply too busy providing you with the best climbing tool in the world
* SYSTEM TOOLS (WRITE SYNC SETTINGS) - This permission is related to the above accounts permission. The Crag uses the WRITE SYNC SETTINGS permission to request that Android periodically wakes The Crag up to keep you climbing information up to date
* YOUR LOCATION (FINE (GPS) LOCATION) - What would a climbing app be if it couldn't show you a map of climbing routes within your location. With this permission The Crag can show you on the map all climbing spots located around you to help you make informed decisions about your next climbing trip. It is also used to help you find your climbing location durring the walk in
* NETWORK COMMUNICATION (FULL INTERNET ACCESS) - This on is pretty standard with most mobile devices. thecrag.com simply has too much information to be stored on a mobile device. The Crag needs full internet access to download images/topos/updates for the climbing locations that you want to visit.
theCrag - Rock Climbing DB is a free trial software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Games & Entertainment category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-10-20. The program can be installed on Android 2.2 and up.
theCrag - Rock Climbing DB (version 1.7.2) has a file size of 2.10 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 7 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.